Finally, for those identified as Mandated Reporters training can now be done online. MandatedReporters are persons required by law to report suspected child abuse - including school personnel, medical personnel, child care personnel and members of the clergy. In keeping with Archdiocesan policies, coaches, youth ministers, religious education personnel and religious education volunteers are also to participate in this training.
Persons planning to take the online training need to be prepared for the following:
- To spend at least 60 minutes to complete the training (you cannot exit and return).
- The computer used for the training must be connected to a printer that will print the certificate at the completion of the training (you cannot exit and return).
- Only computer-generated certificates will be accepted.
- The computer used for the training must be equipped with speakers or headsets to allow you to hear the audio
- Employees must have their employee ID number, which can be found on a paycheck stub.